Bugatti-Rimac: The Future of Luxury Supercars

Uncategorized

The iconic luxury car brand Bugatti has undergone significant changes throughout its history. From its founding in 1909 by Ettore Bugatti to its acquisition by Volkswagen in 1998, Bugatti has remained a symbol of automotive excellence. However, in a surprising move in 2021, Volkswagen decided to transfer control of Bugatti to Rimac, a young Croatian company making waves in design and engineering.

Bugatti, known for its flagship model Chiron with a starting price of nearly $3 million, will now become part of a joint venture between Porsche, a subsidiary of Volkswagen, and Rimac. The partnership will see Rimac holding a majority stake of 55% in the new entity, known as Bugatti-Rimac, while Porsche will hold the remaining 45%.

The headquarters of Bugatti-Rimac will be based in Zagreb, Croatia, but it will maintain a presence in Molsheim, Alsace, France. Molsheim is where the former villa and estate of Ettore Bugatti operate as a corporate showcase and workshop.

Rimac Automobili, founded in 2009 by Mate Rimac, has become a sought-after brand, with traditional car manufacturers seeking the company’s expertise in building their own electric supercars.

Both Bugatti and Rimac will continue as separate brands, preserving their existing production facilities and distribution channels. Bugatti Rimac represents the company that will shape the future of both Bugatti and Rimac.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: What is Bugatti?
A: Bugatti is a French car manufacturing company established in 1909. It is renowned for producing high-performance and luxury automobiles.

Q: What is Rimac?
A: Rimac Automobili is a Croatian company that manufactures electric cars, drivetrains, and battery systems. It was founded in 2009 by Mate Rimac.

Q: What is the relationship between Bugatti and Volkswagen?
A: Volkswagen acquired Bugatti in 1998. However, in 2021, Volkswagen decided to transfer control of Bugatti to Rimac.

Q: What is Bugatti-Rimac?
A: Bugatti-Rimac is a joint venture between Bugatti and Rimac. Rimac holds a majority stake of 55% in the company, while Porsche, a subsidiary of Volkswagen, holds the remaining 45%.

Definitions of Terms

Supercar: A supercar is a highly powerful and fast car that is typically more expensive than most other cars.

Hypercar: A hypercar is an even more powerful and faster car than a supercar. They are usually highly expensive and produced in limited numbers.

Drivetrain: The drivetrain is the system that transfers power from the engine to the wheels of a car.

Electric Vehicle (EV): An electric vehicle (EV) is a vehicle that uses one or more electric motors for propulsion.

Sources:
1. [Bugatti-Rimac Announcement](https://www.bugatti.com/bugatti-news/world/bugatti-rimac/)
2. [Rimac Automobili](https://www.rimac-automobili.com/)