Fandom, an online platform that hosts wikis for many fantasy enthusiasts, has announced that it will introduce new artificial intelligence features that it previously tested. However, this time, the platform promises users the ability to disable these functions. The most notable feature being added is “Quick Answers,” which provides concise responses to questions in a question-and-answer format.
Fandom will also be incorporating artificial intelligence into its image review process for “quick and accurate removal of inappropriate content.” The company has partnered with Coactive AI to develop Image Review. Wiki administrators can now automatically approve or reject images. Additionally, the company will add automatic labels to optimize search engine results.
“Quick Answers” allow visitors to easily find answers to specific details of interest to them. However, when Fandom first tested this feature in August 2023, community members complained that the artificial intelligence often provided incorrect and sometimes inappropriate responses. Wiki creators requested an editing capability or a disable option. At least one fan project, the Hollow Knight Wiki, announced its departure from Fandom, partially due to this feature.
Now, Fandom states that wiki administrators can review answers to ensure they are accurate and precise for the specific detail they pertain to. The feature is optional, but Fandom has stated that it will be available on the character pages of its most popular websites, such as Avatar (referring to bending air, not the blue aliens), Harry Potter, The Last of Us, and The Witcher. Administrators can use the artificial intelligence of “Quick Answers” to organize website content in an automated manner.
“These new products are a direct result of feedback from our creators, and Fandom is committed to providing the functionality they need to better serve their communities,” said Brandon Rhea, head of Fandom’s community.
Fandom hosts 45 million wiki pages, with over 350 million unique visitors each month.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Fandom?
- What are the new features being introduced to the platform?
- What is the function of “Quick Answers”?
- How does artificial intelligence contribute to the image review process?
- How can wiki administrators utilize the artificial intelligence of “Quick Answers”?
- Who can disable the artificial intelligence features?
- What does Brandon Rhea, head of Fandom’s community, state?
- How many wiki pages does Fandom host, and how many visitors does it attract each month?
Fandom is an online platform that hosts wikis for many fantasy enthusiasts.
The new features being introduced include “Quick Answers” and the integration of artificial intelligence in image review and search engine optimization.
“Quick Answers” provides concise responses to questions in a question-and-answer format.
Artificial intelligence helps ensure quick and accurate removal of inappropriate content in images.
Wiki administrators can use the artificial intelligence of “Quick Answers” to automatically organize website content.
All users have the ability to disable the artificial intelligence features on Fandom.
Brandon Rhea expresses the commitment of Fandom to provide the functionality needed to serve their communities better.
Fandom hosts 45 million wiki pages and receives over 350 million unique visitors every month.
- Fandom: An online platform that hosts wikis for many fantasy enthusiasts.
- Quick Answers: A feature that provides concise responses to questions in a question-and-answer format.
- Artificial Intelligence: A system that gives machines the ability to perceive, act, and learn from experience, driven by data.