Nvidia and Cisco have partnered to facilitate businesses in building computational intelligence structures, aiming to promote technology beyond large-scale data center providers. Under the agreement announced on Tuesday, Cisco will offer Nvidia-based equipment, known for its development of artificial intelligence models, along with its networking equipment.
For Nvidia, this corporate partnership opens up another channel for its technology. Cisco, on the other hand, takes advantage of the surge in investments in artificial intelligence that has helped Nvidia become the world’s leading processor manufacturer. “By closely collaborating with Cisco, we make it easier than ever for businesses to acquire the infrastructure they need to benefit from artificial intelligence, the most powerful technological force in our lives,” said Jensen Huang, CEO of Nvidia.
Cisco will provide M7 computers that use Nvidia’s latest processors, as well as its own cloud-based software and services for monitoring and managing such systems. The announcement took place during the Cisco Live event in Amsterdam and is part of an effort to decentralize the development of artificial intelligence hardware beyond its current concentration in data centers owned by Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and Meta Platforms.
The close collaboration with Cisco provides Nvidia with better access to customers who prefer to use the most widely adopted data transfer standard, Ethernet. Cisco will sell Nvidia-based assembled servers combined with its own networking equipment. Nvidia also offers an alternative solution called InfiniBand in its products.
1. Which companies are involved in the collaboration?
– The companies involved in the collaboration are Nvidia and Cisco.
2. What is computational intelligence?
– Computational intelligence is a technology that refers to the development of artificial intelligence models, with the aim of creating structures that support this technology.
3. What is the significance of the collaboration for the companies?
– The collaboration provides Nvidia with access to customers who use the most widely adopted data transfer standard, Ethernet, while Cisco takes advantage of the surge in investments in artificial intelligence.
4. What does Cisco offer?
– Cisco offers networking equipment, M7 computers that use Nvidia processors, software, artificial intelligence models, and development tools.
5. What is the role of Nvidia?
– Nvidia is responsible for the development of artificial intelligence technology and offers an alternative solution called InfiniBand in its products.
Key Term Definitions:
– Computational intelligence: Technology that refers to the creation of structures that support artificial intelligence.
– Networking equipment: Essential equipment used for data transfer between computers and networks.
– Ethernet: Data transfer standard in computer networks.
– InfiniBand: Nvidia’s competitive solution for data transfer in its products.
Recommended Related Links: